The Third Poem- Heart Convictions


♥ Heart Convictions🚦


I just saw red of the traffic light
Indicating I had to stop,
Out of fright I thought I just might
Get caught by the cop.

But I had to accelerate
If I wanted to avoid a hearing;
I couldn't afford to be late
If I didn't want to face a smearing.

So I switched my gear,
From two to five,
To see how I would fare
As I undertook this mighty dive.

My heart was jumping and pounding,
As I realised this was unprecedented and amateurish,
Utterly inept and unworthy of bestowing
Myself with this old-time wish.

But still I did it
For the sake of my own record;
Because I am a soul of grit,
I agreed with myself to this accord.

Like I comprehended,
I accomplished the endeavour.
All of my self hailed
And applauded to this splendour.

But this was all my mind chattering,
My conscience something else
Later when I began comprehending,
I deciphered the ringing bells.

I greeted my previously-thumping heart,
My heart said, "That is all okay my dear,
But why did you wish to get your convictions apart?"
I replied, "I was just brave to face my fear."

My dearest friend heart said,
"You do know the repercussions if your little game had failed,
I don't want to call out all of that dread,
Just take care not to become obsessively scaled."

I realised it all and asked my confidant,
"Will you, my guiding light always be there,
To murmur and guide me back to you, Oh resplendent?"
I just felt the reply, "I am your truest companion, I swear!"

- Jaanvi Veluguleti

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Thirty Third Poem- Wintery Mornings

The First Poem- Welcome New Year

The Fortieth Poem- Sorrow And Strength