The Fifteenth Poem- Silent Night in Moonlight

๐ŸŒ•Silent Night in Moonlight๐ŸŒƒ


Just sitting down here in my pyjamas, 
With cool breeze and solemn silence brushing past my ears,
From my balcony, I look up;
I gaze at the night sky, simply awestruck.

With a halo of white light
The Moon is the King of the night.
Oh I'm not even kidding,
When I say I could just stare at it all night.

With its perfect round shape,
And its pearly white face,
The brightest sight in the ebony night;
Take me to the Moon and I might stay there for a while.

Thinking about the weird silence, I ask myself:
“What is this dark night hiding behind all the quiet?
Why is it so peaceful to look at the sky?
Why do these stars and this Moon look enchanting to me?”

Though I don't intend to find any logical answers,
And also wonder if my questions are rhetorical;
I'm still curious to uncover even the irrational answers,
While I stare away at this unmatched perfection.

A while goes by and then,
Right there I find, amidst all the silence,
Truth basking in the crowning glory
Of the Full Moon night's light.

How ironic is it that I hear
The silence of the night whisper to me,
"Silence is where you'll find your answers darling,
Calm is where the revelations come."

So I just sit here every day
Just to look for answers,
This hope’s worth holding onto, 'cause day by day,
I get closer and find my questions answered.

- Jaanvi Veluguleti

Comments

  1. ๐Ÿ’ซ✨๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’ซ

    ReplyDelete
  2. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being a regular reader๐Ÿ˜ƒ!! I appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts for every poem๐Ÿ˜Š!!

      Delete
  3. Just read this beautiful piece of writing. I love your perspective towards nature. Keep adding more like these to your collection. ๐Ÿ’•✨

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you a Happy new year. ๐Ÿ’

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Thirty Third Poem- Wintery Mornings

The First Poem- Welcome New Year

The Fortieth Poem- Sorrow And Strength