The Twenty Second Poem- A Novice In Friendship

A Novice In Friendship


I feel like an outsider;
I want a company of pals.
The thought of being the new one,
Makes me feel dreadful.

How should I talk?
What should I say?
Do they like me?
Or are they simply tolerating me?

What will it take,
To be their friend?
Should I lose myself,
To become like them?

I patiently try to find balance;
Juggling with the right things to say,
And protecting my peace of mind;
Nevertheless, I hope to find a way.

I respect them immensely,
Cause they are undoubtedly amazing in their own way.
But how to connect with them, and how to be with them,
I don't know the sure shot way.

So maybe I’ll just let the phase flow;
Give up controlling and trying to be desperate;
Cause I surely know for one,
That the intentional ones will stay on forever.

True friends, I will have so much to give them,
Sunshine, hope, garden, and sunflowers.
And I will have a lot to learn from them;
And trust them, and love them, and be there for them.

- Jaanvi Veluguleti

Comments

  1. It's amazing to have known u javi!🥰much love ❤ keep shining💫

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could relate javi akka🤗

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to read jaanvi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed reading❣️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Thirty Third Poem- Wintery Mornings

The First Poem- Welcome New Year

The Fortieth Poem- Sorrow And Strength