The Twenty Seventh Poem- Who’s My True Friend?

Who’s My True Friend?


Why are they mean?
What did I do?
Why don’t I feel seen?
I’m surprised, cause this is new.

Are they jealous of me?
That I’m the best in my own unique ways?
Or because I found the magic key
That they’d been digging since the pharaoh days?

Once we were the best of friends,
Until suddenly the tables turned upside down;
Leaving me unable to comprehend,
Thinking if it was me who let them down.

I try to hold them on to me,
Wishing it would become the way ’twas before;
But dear, they’re running away from me,
So I give up, realising it’s not a score.

I let them go and I refind peace;
The insecurity I had previously
Miraculously turns into ease;
And I turn inside me lovingly.

I sit with myself,
With my hands wrapped around me,
And willingly reassure myself,
That no one’s my best friend than me.

Sometimes that’s how I learn-
I collect my floor-fallen pieces,
Pick myself up and around I turn,
And arduously try to think of happiness and roses.

Sometimes that’s how my healing begins,
Through some learning and some unlearning;
And it’s true that I always get second chances,
So truly, I’ll always try and keep going.

- Jaanvi Veluguleti

Comments

  1. Yet another beautiful poem.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much depth, reading poetry after long time. Good work JV

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Thirty Third Poem- Wintery Mornings

The First Poem- Welcome New Year

The Fortieth Poem- Sorrow And Strength