The Thirtieth Poem- As I Dream, So I Am

As I Dream, So I Am


I am like the ocean bed,
Where the water flows over me;
But I tend to stay the same,
Unchanged, unfazed, and unbiased.

I am like the mountains,
I stand tall, well I’m strong after all;
I might be the mightiest of ’em all,
Yet I still house the littlest of ’em all.

I am like the woods,
As deep as depth can go, as beautiful as beauty can be;
I have what it takes to survive it all,
’Cause even when I shed off, I still spring back up.

I am like the sky,
Vast in my heart; standing as an endless canvas,
Waiting to be painted with the brightest colours,
The prettiest thing you could ever see.

I am like the wind,
Swift in my swag, eager to go places;
Supporting life as I go around,
Whilst enjoying my freedom, all by myself.

I am like that quiet hill station, you see;
Where you’ll find the solace you yearn for;
I am quiet and pleasant, and full of life,
Come, I’ll bring the peace you’re looking for.

Well, I am whatever I wish to be,
As beautiful as I desire to be,
As genuine as I want to be,
As myself as I can be; I strive to mark myself free.

- Jaanvi Veluguleti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Thirty Third Poem- Wintery Mornings

The Fortieth Poem- Sorrow And Strength

The First Poem- Welcome New Year