The Thirty First Poem- Scarring Ridicule

Scarring Ridicule


This feeling of shame,
Of feeling exposed and blamed,
It haunts me, day and night,
I no more know what’s wrong or right.

I did it out of confidence,
But they compared it to a reference,
Saying, “This pictures you in this way,
So fix this, ’cause you have no other way.”

My feelings are not considered,
I feel my freedom of expression hindered.
They are making me paint myself differently,
Did I give them power over me indefinitely?

We are in the modern world,
Empowering ourselves to be bold.
And there is a way to communicate,
Dragging someone down has never proved effective to date.

Be intentional in making people feel loved,
Even if you think their ways are flawed.
Because you love them for who they are,
Your ridicule of them should not cause a scar.

They say time will heal anything,
I say a loved one’s words are what truly bring
The feeling of acceptance and comfort,
And the knowledge that you will never judge them, no matter what.

- Jaanvi Veluguleti

Comments

  1. This is a wonderful one....Each of us go through these experiences and how we learn out of such experiences and bounce back in life is what makes us a better human being...Keep up ur positive spirit dear JaanπŸ’–

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Janvi... great going dear..All the Best..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanghita Ganguly17 July 2022 at 22:57

    Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so beautiful. Accepting what we can't change is the greatest bliss. Zero expectations zero pain

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Thirty Third Poem- Wintery Mornings

The Fortieth Poem- Sorrow And Strength

The First Poem- Welcome New Year