The Thirty Eighth Poem- Embracing Change

 Embracing Change

I tell myself it’s okay,
I tell myself it’ll be alright,
I try to quietly survive the day,
Hoping I won’t cry again at night.

Will the scary nights ever go away?
Will my thoughts ever stop haunting me?
They start with one and long they stay,
Why are they still daunting me?

I forget the days I was happy and free,
When I fall back into the mental turmoil;
Why do I feel so unlike me?
Can I ever untangle out of this coil?

I want to regain my peace,
I want to obtain clarity,
I want to feel again at ease,
I want to fall back into my previous familiarity.

But I do realise
That change is the only thing constant,
I hope my faith and patience will always suffice,
To lead me to peace that is inherent.

Maybe it’s okay to fall back sometimes,
A thought or two of the past will always trigger;
But I will come back to the present everytime,
Because my life is wondrously and worthily bigger.

-Jaanvi Veluguleti

Comments

  1. That's a worthy poem Jaan. Simply superb rhyming👌

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well articulated 💯 👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really well written..it personally connects to me. I experienced and felt each and every word. Wonder how you were able to write without much experience. 👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow it makes me so heartful that you felt connected to the poem attha! Thank you for reading and supporting❤️

      Delete
  4. Rightly said and deeply touched. Every phase pass through .😍
    --- Padmaja.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Thirty Third Poem- Wintery Mornings

The Fortieth Poem- Sorrow And Strength

The First Poem- Welcome New Year