The Thirty Sixth Poem- A Piece Of Peace

A Piece Of Peace🕊️


What is peace?
Is it something I crave when trapped in chaos?
Is it just meant to tease
Me that I can’t have it whenever I wish?

My mind is a mess,
How much ever I try to calm myself,
It always comes back to haunt me nonetheless;
My fears and doubts continue to haunt my self-built Self.

You will know it,
What it’s like and how it feels,
Only when you are in it;
From outside it just looks like another bunch of dramatic reels.

From time to time I crave it,
But peace is a mystery hidden;
Will I ever become fit
To deserve it, gold-laden?

Is it just because I am unhappy,
And I forget who I am,
That I feel so crappy,
Unable to realise at this moment who I really am?

Come back peace,
Come back to me,
Come back from within me, please,
Come back and set me free.

I feel hollow and mundane,
So please light the spark within me.
I promise to spread it like sunshine,
Hence, unlock the gates to peace, let me feel it and be.

- Jaanvi Veluguleti

Comments

  1. They are breathtaking and lovely as usual. Simply put, you turn the words that aren't spoken from our hearts into poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely message! It means a lot to me and encourages me to keep writing! Loved that you enjoyed reading! I would love to know your name!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful dear Janvi...so indepth queries of whom ur and ending highlighting with spark of peace ...so lovely dear...keep going and god bless you... looking forward for more poems and wisdom with poetry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading and sharing lovely words of encouragement always Anuradha aunty! Thank you for being an avid supporter of my work!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Thirty Third Poem- Wintery Mornings

The Fortieth Poem- Sorrow And Strength

The First Poem- Welcome New Year